Our role is to gather relevant and useful facts; communicate and document those in a clear, concise and useful format; provide insight and analysis; collaborate on a litigation plan; and assist every member of the legal team, including the attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries, and forensic experts.
We recognize that throughout the process we are agents of the attorneys who retain us. Therefore, we must be:
- Technically competent. We need a working knowledge of the legal standards for the charged offense along with the Rules of Evidence and Rules of Criminal Procedure. We also need the knowledge, skills, and resources to locate and evaluate witnesses and evidence.
- Professional and ethical. As agents of the attorneys, we conduct ourselves in manners consistent with their professional standards and practices. We also adhere to our own industry's ethical standards.
- Organized and efficient. We complete tasks in a timely manner and present the information in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Analytical. We analyze and evaluate what is important and, just as importantly, disregard what is not.
We work independently and have the skills and aptitude necessary to identify what needs to be done without the need for detailed, specific direction from the legal team.
We are prepared to testify in evidentiary hearings or trials, as an impeachment or fact witness. We also have testified as experts in several areas. Our investigators are articulate, thoughtful, truthful, and credible.
We provide services to:
Criminal defense attorneys on all types of felonies and misdemeanors, including:
- Death penalty, fraud, sexual assault, narcotics and DUI
- White collar crimes
- Mortgage and securities frauds
- Sentencing proportionality studies
Plaintiff and defense civil attorneys in
- Wrongful death, personal injury, forfeiture, probate disputes
- Libel and slander
- Class action lawsuits
- Identifying assets in anticipation of litigation
- Identifying assets for collection of judgments
Attorneys who represent corporations and businesses by conducting
- Due diligence
- Internal investigations
- Executive level background checks
- Assets recovery and contract disputes
- Due diligence for business acquisitions and mergers